Spend some time this month being in a space of gratitude. What are you grateful for in your life? The power of gratitude can shift your life. Studies have shown that individuals that live their life in gratitude have better health, positive perspectives, and a more joyous life.
- State three things that you are grateful for everyday.
- Write three things that you are grateful for in a ritual.
- Reach out to three individuals every day and provide an inspiring message.
- Create a gratitude jar and add daily notes of gratitude to the jar.
- Post a message of gratitude on your social media pages.
Many individuals are struggling or alone during the holidays. What can you do to brighten their experience during the time of year? Being of service doesn’t mean that you give in order to receive. It is about giving without any expectations for the energies being returned. You never know when you will be in a place where you would appreciate a little assistance in your life.
I love the individuals that give from their heart without any need for recognition. They set things in motion for someone to receive without recognition. Take time this month to be of service to your neighborhood, community, or city.
- Give to the food bank
- Donate clothing or toys to a family or shelter
- Provide blankets or socks to the homeless
- Volunteer for a cause, community, and/or business
Most financial education programs will encourage you to give 10% of earnings. Give to the charities and programs that mean the most to you. At Discover Your Spiritual Gifts, I give back to my community through donations and scholarships based on need and commitment.
Find ways to connect and celebrate with family and friends. The memories created during the holidays can be lasting and powerful. Take time to celebrate with the people that you love and care about.
- Bake cookies together
- Decorate gingerbread houses
- Share a holiday meal
- Watch a holiday movie or show
Find the spirit of the holidays through gratitude, giving, and celebration.
If you could use connection, community, or company this holiday season, check out our event calendar and join us for a holiday event (or two).