BALANCE IS KEY
Studies have shown that working longer hours does not make us more productive. Productivity has shown to decrease with working more hours. It is important that you take time to care for yourself and allow yourself to recharge in order to be more productive in your business. When you are exhausted and/or overwhelmed, you are not able to give 100% of yourself to the task.
WORK LIFE BALANCE
You need to strive for work life balance when you own your own business. Here are some suggestions:
- Set your work hours: Block times in your schedule for specific task areas and include time for yourself.
- Prioritize: Take the time to prioritize your tasks weekly. Make a list of the four items that you must complete this week. Time and schedules tend to go off track, so don’t over commit.
- Make time for breaks: Take time to get away from the tasks and work. Make it a habit to take a walk, sleep in late, treat yourself to something fun, etc.
- Spend time with people you love: Make this a priority and give time to those that you love.
- Share the workload: Delegate tasks to others. Find things that people are willing to do or are good at doing.
Make sure that you are taking time for yourself. At Discover Your Spiritual Gifts, we have created a volunteer program. We have a Volunteer Coordinator that is managing the volunteer program. There is a wide-range of opportunities for individuals to step in and help the center. If you would like to volunteer, send your name and email address to [email protected] and request to be added to the volunteer program.
Are your ready to be a spiritual business owner?
I provide coaching to individuals that are starting their own spiritual business and want to move into building their own business of being a healer, reader, or spiritual advisor. I coach individuals that work in the center, providing them solid direction and guidance on their businesses. Check out the website for information on business consulting, coaching, and mentoring.